Victorian Housing Register makes applying for housing easy

Last updated: 25 October 2016

People who want to apply for public and community housing can now do so in a single system.

Closeup of a letterbox in a front garden on a sunny, spring day

The Victorian Housing Register is the new way applications for long term social housing are managed in Victoria. It brings together public and community housing applications so that people only need to apply once.

People who want to apply for social housing or transfer from their current social housing property can apply online using the Victorian Housing Register Application through the myGov website.

Support agencies can also use the online application form, which is available through the Funded Agency Channel.

People who don't want to use the online form can still apply:

The Victorian Housing Register is a partnership between the Victorian Government and the community housing and homelessness sectors.

The register has two categories:

  • Priority Access for those most in need
  • Register of Interest for all eligible people to be considered for social housing.

All applications will be assessed the same way, with places on the register determined by eligibility and current situation, creating a fairer system for all.

For more information on the Victorian Housing Register, see Social housing.

If you have already applied for housing

If you have already applied for public housing or community housing you won't need to apply again. Your application will be transferred to the Victorian Housing Register for you.

You can choose to be considered for public housing, community housing or both.

To make changes to your application, contact your local office, the community housing provider or the service organisation that helped you submit your application.

Was this page useful?

Back to top