Moving to private rental

Last updated: 10 November 2014

If you want to get into the private rental market we can help you. There are also other government programs that you can access.

Help getting into private rental

You may be eligible for:

  • A bond loan from us to help pay your bond
  • Rent assistance from Centrelink to help with your private rental payments.

To find out more, see our Private renters and renting section.

Getting a rental reference

We can give eligible public housing tenants a rental reference. This is a letter that confirms that you have successfully maintained a public housing tenancy.

Contact us for more information.

If you are moving out

When it's time to move out, you must tell your housing services officer in writing. Include when you are leaving and where you are moving to.

See Moving out to find out what else you need to do to meet your obligations.

Was this page useful?

Back to top