Maintenance complaints

Last updated: 23 February 2018

If you are not happy with the way the Housing Call Centre has handled your call, you can make a complaint.

Your feedback helps us monitor the quality of our work.

We appreciate hearing when we have done something well. We also want to know when we haven't.

You can also make a complaint about a maintenance contractor's service or quality of work.

All complaints are confidential and treated seriously.

Complaints about contractors

If a contractor has not completed your maintenance in the time we gave you, or you are unhappy with the quality of the work, call the Housing Call Centre on 13 11 72 to follow this up. 

If you are still unhappy with the contractor's work or behaviour you may lodge a formal complaint. To do this, contact your local office.

How to make a complaint

By phone

Call 13 11 72. Monday to Friday, 7 am to 7 pm.

If you have a complaint about a contractor or their work, we will take the details. If we decide an inspection is needed, we will refer your complaint to your local office for follow up.

If you have a complaint about the Housing Call Centre's service, we will transfer your call to a senior member of the team to take the details. We will then investigate and respond to you with the outcome.

By email

Email the Housing Call Centre

By mail

Write to the Call Centre Manager:
Housing Call Centre
PO Box 933
Moe VIC 3825.

What happens next?

We will:

  • Acknowledge receipt of your complaint within 2 working days
  • Write to you with the outcome of your complaint within 10 working days.

Advice and help for renters

If you are still not happy about a maintenance or urgent repair issue, you can take the matter further.

The Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal (VCAT) decides on disputes between landlords and tenants. You may apply to have your matter heard. See VCAT's renting a home page for details.

To find out about your rights and responsibilities, see:

Was this page useful?

Back to top