Loan application and current borrower appeals

Last updated: 13 January 2015

What can I appeal?

You can appeal if you don't agree with a decision we have made on your application for a mortgage relief loan or a home renovation loan.

If you have an existing loan and don't agree with a decision made about the administration of your loan, you can also appeal.

Find out how to appeal a bond loan scheme decision.

How do I appeal?

You need to appeal in writing. Appeals are free and confidential.

  1. Talk to the people who manage your loan or program. Sometimes the problem can be resolved just by talking about it.
  2. If you do not get the answers you need, you can appeal. Fill in the Home Finance Review Office application form (.pdf) and send it to:
    Department of Health & Human Services
    Housing Appeals & Home Finance Review Office
    Reply Paid 4057
    Melbourne VIC 8060
    (the address is also on the form).

If you have questions or need help to fill in your application, call the Housing Appeals Office on (03) 9096 7426 or 1800 807 702 (free call).

What happens next?

Your application will be assessed by the Home Finance Review Office.

They will try to resolve any problems you have with your loan application, an existing loan or the quality of service you received from us.

Was this page useful?

Back to top