Homes for Victorians
Homes for Victorians is the Victorian Government’s response to the housing affordability crisis in Victoria.
The $2.6 billion Homes for Victorians plan will increase and renew public housing and address homelessness.
The plan includes:
- $1 billion Social Housing Growth Fund to increase the supply of social and affordable housing
- $1.1 billion in financial support for the social housing sector
- Increased housing support for survivors of family violence through the $152 milion Family Violence Housing Blitz
- An extra 913 social housing dwellings through the $120 million Social Housing Pipeline
- $109 million to help move homeless Victorians into stable housing
- $185 million Public Housing Renewal Program
- $33 million to help 4,000 Victorians get a private rental home.
The Homes for Victorians plan should result in:
- Around 6,000 new social housing homes
- About 2,500 existing public housing residences renewed
- Help for 19,000 people who are homeless or at the risk of being homeless.
More information on the plan is on the Homes for Victorians website.
You can also find out more on the Homes for Victorians section of the DHHS website.